Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year for me, New Year for you

Ah....the joys of blogging....I haven't done it in so long, now I am getting requests! :) I LOVE THAT! Anyway, I was inspired by a friend recently who has just beaten Hodgkins Lymphoma and made a list of things she wants to do--not necessarily in 2011, but I say the faster our "bucket lists" get accomplished the happier we will be, right? So, this is my list of things I am just dying to do or things that I haven't done in awhile or things that I want to get better at. If you can help me out with any of them or want to pursue any of these as well--get in touch! :)

1). Go to Albuquerque and take a hot air balloon ride during one of those festivals where hundreds fill the sky....truly breathtaking, I think.
2). Take a horseback ride on the beach (preferably in Tahiti-which would cross two things off of my list at once).
3). Travel to Tahiti (see above).
4). Fill in the books I am keeping for my boys-"To my son, with love" so that someday when they don't have me here, they will be able to read how much they meant to me and how much they truly changed me as a woman and a person.
5). Impact another person's life in such a way that they can only see the love of Christ through me and know that my actions were not just my own.
6). Focus on appreciating the family I was given and know that every person in my life was a deliberate gift for me to learn from, live with, or love through.
7). Take my family to Discovery Cove so that they can swim with dolphins and I can watch joy come to their faces--slated for summer 2011! :)
8). Have coffee, lunch, brunch, what have you, with someone I love at least once a week.
9). Do more for others than I do for myself.
10). Travel to Italy.
11). Go for a walk as soon as I wake in the morning so that I can watch the sunrise and start my day off right.
12). Write my husband a love letter thanking him for being the man that he is.
13). Finish my will--which means having it officially done and filed and whatever to make it legit.
14). Contact friends that I often wonder about but never really follow through on.
15). Remove old grudges from my life.
16). Travel to the Grand Canyon
17). Write more just because notes.
18). Host more dinner parties.
19). Plan less--more spontaneity.
20). Actually attempt to do these things as soon as possible! :)

Friends, I wish you all a most amazing 2011....much love and blessings to you all
~Stacey

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this list, and loved even more that were things I learned about you while reading it. You're inspiring me to start a list like this of my own, and I'm happy to help you tackle any of the above!

    ReplyDelete